Wednesday, March 17, 2010

DAY 2 - GOING GREEN

Today is a great and important day.  Some non-Irish dude was born hundreds of years ago, got captured and enslaved by the Irish, and then became Ireland's patron saint after 'freeing' its people from their pagan ways.

And because of this, we now gorge ourselves on green fermented barley water, we dress and accessorize to show our unwavering solidarity with Libya for 24 hours, and we put up creepy-cute decals of little leprechauns & their pots of gold.  I mean, what else would we do to commemorate that non-Irish dude?
More importantly, this is the one day that Green Food Coloring gets to shine in all its glory.  It was a Green Food Coloring cookie that picked me up from my 10:30 sugar crash.  It was Green Food Coloring that saved the day again for the post-lunch lull, this time in the form of luscious buttercream frosting & green velvet goodness.  The thing about Green Food Coloring is that it knows it only has this one day to rock, and it's in no hurry to leave.  Case in point, my green teeth and my even greener tongue, not to mention my matching sugary emerald green lip gloss.  Not sure if it was the green sprinkly cookies, the green grape juice, or the doubly green cupcakes, but my entire insides were now a vivid shade of Green Food Coloring.

Let it be known: just say 'no' to Green Food Coloring until after all your consultant and team meetings are over.  Green power, green roofs, Greenbuild...all good.  Green mouth area?  Not so good.  Hey, don't say I didn't warn you.