Wednesday, March 24, 2010

DAY 6 - BALDERDASH!

Boys n girls--we're gonna play a little game of 'what does that even mean?!?' whoohoo.
rip rap (rĭp'răp')
noun, etymology: (Amer. Eng.) echoic reduplication of 'rap'.

1.  A grossly neglected 80s musical movement that (in fact!) first married Auto-Tune technology with hip hop.
2.  The sound made by a forehead striking a hard surface or conveniently placed keyboard, most often during a moment of boredom or unawakeness.
3.  A layer of loosely assembled stones, chunks of concrete, or similar material placed on embankment slopes, bridge abutments, streambeds, pipe outfalls, or shorelines, to prevent erosion and scour.
4.  Something wicked this way comes.
Take your pick, but if it's any help, I'm pretty sure my my entire workday was full of it.  My money's on #1--total shoe-in.  If you're still clueless (I know, they all sound so good!), try this or this.  Happy reading!